Friday, February 12, 2016

Bits of Music: Donkey Kong Country 2

For another Bits of Music I wanted to talk about the soundtrack for Donkey Kong Country 2. Composed by one of the musical aficionados at Rare David Wise. He created Donkey Kong Country 2's album during what he calls an "paris experiment phase", and I believe that many of the tracks do have a melodic almost waltzy side to them. But I wouldn't say they are the sounds of Paris, I would say that a lot of music that originates from Paris is more string based. And I feel with Donkey Kong Country 2 the music is way more piano and bass type rhythms. But by no means am i composer, and I would believe that the core of what David Wise was going for is apparent in this game.

Great soundtrack, filled with fun and wit. I would say it's one of the greats.

I've always had a love for David Wise's albums, especially Killer Instinct which I believe is the era of the 90's personified. If you give this album a chance, and add it into your collection I think you'll really enjoy just how fun the tracks are. Stickerbrush Symphony, as well as Bayou Boogie are my favorites, so make sure to listen to those.
As always I hope you all enjoy this post and this amazing soundtrack. I hope it springs forth a warmth of nostalgia to you, and the better times we all had when playing Donkey Kong Country 2 on the SNES. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment