Monday, February 1, 2016

Bits of Music: Chrono Trigger

The next game that has beautiful music has to be without a doubt Chrono Trigger. This whole soundtrack brings tears to my eyes, and makes me proud to love Role playing games so much. If you don't have this soundtrack and you like game music, seriously go download or buy it now. I'm not kidding, i'll wait *taps foot*.

You don't get a choice play this soundtrack while reading this Blog.

So did you download it? You didn't? Well I went ahead and placed the video in my post, so you get away with it this time. So just a little bit of background on Chrono Trigger's composer, Yasanori Mitsuda was in his early part of his career when he was given the task by Nobuo Uetmatsu and Squaresoft(Square Enix now) to create a new soundtrack for an entirely new game off of the Final Fantasy series. To show that he had the chops to compose music for video games, he did the entire soundtrack with the help of Nobuo on a couple of tracks. And in my personal opinion, it is one of his best soundtracks. The melodies and the chords in the different tracks are so beautiful that they just glisten with splendor. Plus each track for Chrono Trigger, has the right music for the right scene. If you're in a battle it's more upbeat and rhythmic. However when you're in a sad part of the game it's more string based in it's design. If you're a composer of any music and you haven't heard this soundtrack I can't specify enough how much you'll learn from it.
Chrono Trigger in it's design is an awesome game, but I believe that if it wasn't for the sound design it wouldn't have been as monumental as it is. I hope you enjoy the soundtrack as much as I do. I'll be back with another Bit of Music for you all to chew on. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment